Saturday, July 23, 2011

lazy morning

Everyone else is asleep so I have had 40 minutes of doing nothing. Today this means drinking coffee and pursuing random garden focused blogs. The livestock have enough food/water to tide them over until the girls get up - when they see the note from me (I will be at work) asking (or rather telling nicely) them to do the morning chores. Tomorrow I am off work, but my to do list is so long and I don't plan to spend time in front of the computer.

On a side note, Hubby brought these home from the P-patch yesterday. One of them was for me. They are sungold cherries, and all of the rain we have had has made these the best textured cherry tomatoes I have had in years. Usually my tomatoes have tough skins, but not these.

We spent an hour or so in the community garden a couple days ago. The tomatoes have taken over! We pulled up the banana pepper that was being smothered (now in a pot on the front steps) and pruned hard the cherry tomato plants. (brown, red, yellow and orange) We also dug up some volunteer dill that is now planted in our front landscape. The garden is in a holding position, as the cold crops bolt (we missed the window to harvest broccoli and it is now flowering) and the fruits are just starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment