Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back to Square One

This picture looks vaguely familiar.

It is the 1 year anniversary of when our Minneapolis flock moved to a new home, and we are starting again.

This time, however, I know what I received from the friendly postman who delivered them an hour ago.




Buff Polish Crested, yeah that one is obvious (the puffy head feathers kinda gave her away)





Black Cuckoo Maran. This is a replacement for the unavailable White Cochin. (too many roosters were in this weeks hatching) I am very excited though, as these hens eggs are supposed to be dark reddish brown.




Brown Leghorn










Silver Cuckoo Maran.
If I had remembered (or looked at the list on the fridge) and noticed that I had ordered this chick, I may have decided on the Buff Brahma that was also an option for a replacement chick.

It will be interesting to see if the egg colors of the 2 Marans are different. The adults will look quite different.

Speckled Sussex

No comments:

Post a Comment