Sunday, January 3, 2010

January


It is in the single digits these days - wavering on either side of zero. I am just happy not to have chickensicles.

This morning is was -13. I got the ladies fresh water, food, corn scratch and 6 clementines, halved (the children had not eaten them so . . ) Switched off the coop heat, turned on the annex heat lamp and went inside.

I didn't leave the house again.

Hubby checks them periodically. The male need to visit the garage is strong. Sometimes I think they just want to make sure no one messed with their stuff. I moved a screwdriver to see if he would notice. He didn't say anything, but I am sure it is back in its proper place.

Last night I hung a thick wool throw over the front of the coop to help keep the temp up as outside it falls and falls and falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment