Tuesday, August 4, 2009

clipped wings and zucchini



Hubby and I clipped the hens' wings this week. Now when we are outside they are let out into the yard to wreak havoc on the weed patch around the (unlit) fire pit.

Nice theory.

The bottom of the beans and the peonies aren't as lush as before. Even the chives have not escaped their interest. But nightshade leaves seems to be their favorite. They scratch and peck and eye the cat warily. But Butters (the outside cat) learned quickly that the young chicks are off limits and now lays on the step pretending they don't exist.


They venture around for about an hour before taking themselves back into their yard.

Chick TV - no reruns.

I have put out the word I will take all unwanted summer squash. I know from past experience Chickens love it, and I can't grow it.

Seriously.

Last year I had 5 zucchini plants.

I got 5 zucchinis.

That is just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment